The Ultimate Taylor Swift concert experience

Imagine your favorite artist coming to your town to perform on their world tour. Imagine not being able to attend such an amazing concert because you had no tickets. Now, wrap your mind around the miracle of winning two tickets to that concert the night before. The most possible reaction would be jumping up and down, screaming at the top of your lungs and on the verge of crying tears of joy. At least that’s what I did. And then my dreams came true.

I thought luck hated me and prohibited me from winning tickets via radio. I had given up hope as Monday night came to an end. I spoke too soon before I heard my name on the radio, announced from the station’s Facebook page contest, and I went berserk.

Out of all the Taylor Swift fans in this school, I was the biggest. I knew that for sure. And out of everyone who attended to the concert, I was the closest to the stage and to my idol, Taylor Swift. Of course, all my other friends were completely head-to-toe jealous of my momentous achievement. I took my friend, Rheid, who was also dying to attend the concert too. Unlike most of the other fans, she didn’t have tickets to be able to go. Winning two tickets granted me the ability to take a friend as well.

As I walked into the stadium and find my place directly in the armpit of the stage (the tickets were “pit passes”), I could not believe everything around me was happening. The seats in the auditorium were filled with 14,000 Taylor Swift fans.

The moment Taylor came on stage I became so awestruck that I started crying. It was everything like I ever wanted and seen in the pictures. The curtains had drawn back and revealed the first stage set of the concert. Taylor entered by rising from the stage ground on a slow moving elevator, fully accompanied with fog to enhance her grand entrance. She started singing and in seconds, the crowd was cheering and singing along.

The song order was: “Sparks Fly,” “Mine,” “The Story of Us,” “Back to December/You’re Not Sorry/Apologize,” “Better Than Revenge,” “Speak Now,” “Fearless/I’m Yours,” “Fifteen,” “You Belong With Me,” “Dear John,” “Enchanted,” “Long Live” and ended with “Love Story.”

The show was fantastic and very well constructed. Each song had its own setup on the stage and a unique performance to side with it. For example, “Better Than Revenge,” a very hot, wild and angry song, was performed by Taylor in a bold red dress. She started by whipping her hair back and forth with her two female back-up singers along with the loud, angry music playing. “Speak Now” took place at a custom made church set complete with an altar and wedding benches. Her band members were dressed fashionably as to attend a wedding and her main dancer wore a large white wedding dress. Taylor wore a blue dress with white gloves to sing along as the lady to interrupt the wedding (the purpose of “Speak Now”).

In the end, Taylor ran up on the stage in her “Love Story” dress with the rest of the band, lined up and held hands, and took a big bow. As a girl, the show was very unique and it was fascinating to watch. As a Taylor Swift fan, it was, is and always will be the best day of my life.

View Comments (2)
$50
$500