Pearl Bakery Brings a Taste of France to Portland

The sun was shining and the weather was nice, a good day to take a stroll in Portland. Located in the Pearl District of Portland and only a block away from the world famous Powell’s Books, the Pearl Bakery is a great place to stop in for a quick lunch.

When I walked in the door, the aroma of fresh bread baking filled my nose and made me want to try some. The quiet atmosphere was great to just get away from the exciting and loud streets of Portland. For their lunch options they have many types of sandwiches on many types of fresh bread. I decided to order the Black Forest ham with fontina, romaine, red onion and roasted pepper aioli on one of their signature bread pain au levain, with a sweet hibiscus tea. Their sandwiches were very reasonable at $3.50 each, but my drink almost cost more than my sandwich itself  at $3.25. The sandwich was very enjoyable, the bread was fresh and so was the cheese making it a very yummy sandwich with a variety of flavors making it a very flavorful meal.

One of their signatures is their Parisian macarons which were a definite treat. Out of their many flavors I tried the strawberry and salted caramel macarons at $1.75 each. The strawberry was very tasty and sweet, the salted caramel was good, but it had a little too much salt. Overall, I thought the food was very good and reasonably priced.

My experience at Pearl Bakery was an enjoyable one giving it a letter grade of an A. The staff was very friendly and knew a lot about the food and  were willing to recommend things to try. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun. It was a nice place to visit with friends and to eat and a delicious meal at a reasonable price. Pearl Bakery is located at 102 NW 9th Ave.,in downtown Portland.