West Linn Varsity Track places well at Wilsonville Invitational

The West Linn Lions Varsity track showed its skills at the Wilsonville Invitational held at Wilsonville High School on April 20. The boys placed sixth overall, while the girls tied for ninth place. West Linn had over 30 participants and several first places. There was a total of 18 teams in attendance.

Victories  included the Varsity Girls 4X100 relay (Cara Boucher, senior, Madison Leek ,senior and  Juliana Guthner freshman and Isabella Reiche, freshman) with an astonishing time of 49.65 seconds.  Diana Swanson, sophomore,  dominated the hurdles, winning the 100 and 300 meters. Emily Hamel, freshman, wiped out the competition and won the girls Pole Vault.  Drew Cribbis placed 3rd in Javelin with 163’3”.

Lions showed their strength in distance races during the meet as well. Roman Ollar, freshman,  placed a close second in the 1500 with a 4:08.35. Varsity girls swept  the competition in the 800 meters, (Cailin Guerins, Samantha Marioni and Julia Boyd-Helm) finishing 1-2-3 respectively.

Samantha Marioni, second place winner of the 800 meters, said “Our team got loads of personal records,” Marioni said. “There was a lot of competition at this meet, but I’m sure with even more hard work, we will place in the top three next time.”

West Linn’s next meet is tomorrow at the Oregon City High School.

The West Linn Lions Varsity track showed their skills at the Wilsonville Invitational held at Wilsonville High School on April 20. The boys placed sixth overall, while the girls tied for ninth place. West Linn had over 30 participants and several first places. There was a total of 18 teams in attendance.

Big victories  included the Varsity Girls 4X100 relay (Cara Boucher (senior), Madison Leek (senior), Juliana Guthner (freshman) and Isabella Reicher (freshman)) with an astonishing time of 49.65 seconds.  Diana Swanson, sophomore,  dominated the hurdles, winning the 100 and 300 meters. Emily Hamel, freshman, wiped out the competition and won the girls Pole Vault.  Drew Cribbis placed 3rd in Javelin with 163’3”.

Lions showed their strength in distance races during the meet. Roman Ollar, freshman,  placed a close second in the 1500 with a 4:08.35. Varsity girls eliminated the competition in the 800 meters, taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Cailin Guerins, Samantha Marioni and Julia Boyd-Helm).

Samantha Marioni, second place winner of the 800 meters, said “Our team got loads of personal records. There was a lot of competition at this meet, but I’m sure with even more hard work, we will place in the top three next time.”

West Linn’s next meet is on May 1st at the Oregon City High School.