West Linn Girls Varsity Lacrosse takes down defending state champions Lake Oswego

The West Linn Girls Varsity Lacrosse team (9-1,5-1 Three Rivers League) beat the defending state champions, the Lake Oswego Lakers, Friday night, 10-6. Mariah Gatti junior, led with four goals along with Hanna Morford sophomore, and Kayla Bouchard senior, with three goals.

“It just felt good to finally beat a team that has dominated the state in the past.” Meg Elston, head coach, said.

“We had a plan going into the game, we executed it perfectly, and that made the win that much sweeter.”

By defeating Lake Oswego, the Lions are on top of the Three Rivers League conference standings. With only five  games left before playoffs, Elston and her team know what they need to focus on.

“We still need to win against Oregon City and Lakeridge again.  We have two more weeks of games and we have to focus on those.”

Even though they will be savoring this win for a while, the team will be focusing on coming out on top in the Three Rivers League and keep going strong into the playoffs.  The win was especially sweet for the Lions after falling to Lake Oswego last year in the State Championship Game.

“It will be a win that most of these ladies will never forget,” Elston said.