Boys Varsity Tennis finishes season strong

With districts, state, and the end of the season coming, the boys tennis team is looking strong. The season consisted of 11 wins and three losses, and they have beaten their rivals, Grant 5-3, Clackamas 7-1, Lakeridge 5-3, (TRL 10-2)

“We were obviously excited to beat Lake Oswego, and getting to beat Lakeridge was also another achievement,” Ward Lewis, head coach, said.

The team is on the rise and Lewis has high hopes for next year as well. Lewis is looking at Logan Scott-Deeter, sophomore, Nick Walker, freshman, Connor Hahoulotte, sophomore, Mitchel Coronel freshman, and Yem Alharithi, sophomore, to lead the team.

“They are top JV, and will hopefully be on Varsity this following year,” Lewis said.

This past Monday and Tuesday the Varsity team placed second at districts. Russell Risenhoover, sophomore, placed third in singles, and will be advancing to State along with teammates on the doubles teams: Mitch Tingey, junior, and Craig Wright, senior, Neil Olson, senior, and Cameron Minson, senior.

“These next few games will be an honor to play and attend,” Lewis said.

Andre To, senior co-captain, who defeated his Lake Oswego opponent 6-0 and 6-2 last Thursday, compliments coach Lewis on his “organization and great coaching ability.”

Lewis was honored as the National Federation of High schools Oregon State Coach-of-the-Year, and has had great times coaching for the past 30 years.

“These boys are such wonderful and hard workers, and I am so proud to coach them,” Lewis said. “The weather this year has been awesome as well.”