AMC’s “The Walking Dead” returns

Cable television’s highest rated drama of all time, “The Walking Dead” returned to  American Movie Classics on Sunday Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. The Walking Dead follows a group of survivors banded together in a world destroyed by a zombie outbreak.

Season three kicks off with the discovery of a prison which they hope to convert to a safe haven. Low on supplies, the survivors plan to overtake the prison, but once inside, they discover they are not alone.

At the conclusion of the second season, the survivors are forced out of their hideout and live by raiding abandoned homes for food and water. Season three begins after the winter, months after the conclusion to season two. Throughout the time away, the survivors form a more tight knit group, yet all become more independent individuals.

Tension among the group is high as Rick and Lori Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln and Sarah Wayne Callies, prepare for their baby, while struggling with a rocky relationship. Hopes are high among the group that the prison will be a safe home for months to come, in order to raise the baby in a secure place.

“The Walking Dead” has an extremely loyal fan base. After each new episode, a talk show dedicated entirely to the show, called “Talking Dead” reviews the show and interviews cast and crew members. Fans are ready for the return.

“I’m pumped up and ready to see more blood this season,” Jonathan Breen, senior, said.

Approximately 10.9 million viewers tuned in to watch the season premiere, more than any other cable drama. More viewers are expected to tune in with AMC’s return to Dish Network after a breach of contract by Dish forced AMC to stop showing their channel.