Seniors back on top in Mr. and Ms. West Linn High School

After a year under the rule of Meg Beckett, now  junior, and James Topping, now junior, (the pair who won last year’s Mr. and Ms. West Linn High School) had to pass their crown back to the senior class, winners Briana Barzola and Colin Davis.

“It feels magical. I’m so happy people donated to a great cause and voted me to win,” Davis, senior, said.

The Associated Student Body organized the event to serve as a fundraiser for the Blue Butterfly Campaign. This campaign is a non-profit organization created to raise money for research to find a cure for childhood acute myeloid leukemia. Overall, approximately $3,300 was raised

Over the course of the week, the Mr. and Ms. candidates carried around buckets soliciting donations. Tickets to the event were sold to raise additional funds for the cause.

“It was a lot of work but it was seriously so worth it in the end because it was awesome to see how much money 12 people could raise in a weeks time,” Barzola said. “It was also fun to work with some people I didn’t really know that well either.”

Not only was this week planned to raise money for Blue Butterfly, but it also gave students a chance to enjoy entertainment by fellow classmates.

Led by the master of ceremonies, Jonathan Peachey, spanish teacher, and Nikki Stroup, wellness teacher,  students were also asked questions and introduced performances. Winners Barzola and Davis rounded-up the crowd with a creative dance off while other performances kept the audience intrigued as well. There were creative performances such as duets, dances, cheers and playing of glow in the dark marimbas.

“It was a great way to bring the school together for a good cause and entertain,” Barzola said.

Seniors back on top in Mr. and Mrs. West Linn High School

After a year under the rule of Meg Beckett, now junior, and James Topping, now juniors, (the pair who won last year’s Mr and Mrs West Linn High School) had to pass their crown back to the senior class, and now the school has to recognize a new Mr and Mrs WLHS, Briana Barzola and Colin Davis, seniors.

“It feels magical, I’m so happy people donated to a great cause and voted me to win,” Davis, senior, said.

The event’s purpose was to serve as a fundraiser for the Blue Butterfly Campaign. This campaign is a non-profit organization created to raise money for research to find a cure for childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Overall our school raised approximately $3,300.
Over the course of the week, the Mr. and Mrs. candidates carried around buckets receiving donations and the ticket were sold in additional support to the cause.

“It was a lot of work but it was seriously so worth it in the end because it was awesome to see how much money twelve people could raise in a week’s time,” Barzola, senior, said. “It was also fun to work with some people I didn’t really know that well either.”

Not only was this week planned to raise money for Blue Butterfly, but it also gave students a chance to enjoy quality entertainment by fellow classmates.

Led by the Masters of Ceremonies Jonathan Peachey, Spanish teacher, and Nikki Stroup, wellness teacher, led students on and off stage and also asked candidates questions and introduced performances. Winners Barzola and Davis rounded-up the crowd with a creative dance off while other performances kept the audience intrigued as well. There were creative performances such as duets, dances, cheers and playing of glow in the dark marimbas.
Needs some sort of final thing to tie it all together… another quote?