Gigi Schweitzer

Gigi Schweitzer, Yearbook Editor-In-Chief

A nationally award-winning photojournalist, a board member with West Linn united, and fluent in Japanese, Gigi Schweitzer is more than just the Editor-in-Chief of the Green and Gold yearbook. Balancing these obligations takes a lot of time, and you're likely to find Schweitzer in the yearbook lab long after school has ended.  

"It takes so much work," Schweitzer says, "and on the bad days, you start to question if it's worth it. But there's no better feeling than when you finally print. Seeing the completed book, knowing that you've helped to save all those memories, really makes you feel a sense of pride."

While Schweitzer says she enjoys all aspects of journalism, she has a special passion for photography. "There's something incredible about freezing those moments in time," Schweitzer says. 

All content by Gigi Schweitzer
Regardless of how many class periods a district offers, the number of credits requited to earn a diploma in Oregon remains: 24.

Reimagining high school

Matilda Milner and Gigi Schweitzer
September 28, 2019

24: the number of credits needed to graduate. 24: the number of classes offered for a full-time student over the four years of high school. However, students are breaking out of their six-period constraints,...

Students show their support for climate action, as part of an international protest, outside the Performing Arts Center Friday morning. Afterward, many marched to Oregon City City Hall.

[Photo] Students march in global climate strike

Kaleigh Henderson, Current Events Editor
March 15, 2019

At the end of the pageant on Nov. 20, senior Faith Varga accepts the lions ears for Ms. West Linn. Varga was one of 11 students who raised over $2,900 for Clackamas County Coalition for Suicide Prevention.

[Photo] ‘Look for the helpers’

Skylar Moore, Current Events Editor
December 6, 2018

Designed by Philip Chan

Democrats win House of Representatives

A wave of victories in suburban America swept Democrats to power in the House of Representatives, giving them their first majority since 2010. With 413 of the 435 seats officially declared, Democrats...

West Linn prepares for game against Grant High School. Final score was 2-1.

[Photo] Stunning loss for our Lions

Sam Misa, WLHSnow Staff
November 27, 2017

[Photo] Season ends in overtime loss

Samuel Misa, WLHSnow Staff
December 1, 2017

Caption: West Linn prepares for game against Grant High School’s team. Final score was 2-1.

Facing off at midfield Adina Mollusky, senior midfielder, goes up against Sunset in a Lions loss.

[Photo] Women’s Lacrosse: Players remaining optimistic in regards to season

Parker Edwards, Sports Editor
April 12, 2017

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Gigi Schweitzer