Riley Badnin

Riley Badnin, WLHSnow Staff

A Born Leader

A sea of hundreds of curious faces listened intently as a young yet commanding voice echoed throughout the hollow auditorium. As students and faculty alike remained enraptured during the final lingering words of a presentation that would undoubtedly leave a lasting impression, 10 year old Riley Badnin knew she had a bright future in leadership.

“When I was in Trillium Elementary school I decided to join a leadership group. We put together assemblies, worked with the principal, and did fundraising. I even gave a presentation to the District Office and City Council.” Riley Badnin recalled.

After her humble beginnings in the course, she soon found herself with a exceptional passion for a subject that she knew she needed to pursue.  

“I love the chance to get involved in school and make a difference instead of sitting back and doing nothing.” she stated. “My favorite part of leadership is public speaking and being able to share my ideas.”

After a handful of leadership roles since her start- including VOTS (voice of the students) and a mentoring program for incoming middle schoolers, Badnin is always on the lookout for platforms where she can better the lives and relationships of others while trailblazing new programs that can improve her community.  

As an incoming freshman, she has already set her sights high. She plans to campaign for a spot on ASB in the upcoming school year and is elated to take part in a  promising leadership class in her second semester.

Riley Badnin manages travel finances for WLHSnow. She is a freshman and loves volleyball, drawing and cooking. Her favorite articles are opinion and current events.

All content by Riley Badnin
Under the lights

Under the lights

Riley Badnin, Staff Writer
November 8, 2016

As the bright lights of the gymnasium shone onto the stage, Averi Fels felt a spring of energy as she made people smile and laugh in her ragged Robinson Crusoe costume. After her start with Missoula Children’s...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Riley Badnin