Connor Maloney

Connor Maloney , Sports Editor

After 97 years, the football team had finally won the state championship. Connor Maloney, senior could be seen from the stands jumping, screaming and hugging his fellow players.

“Words cannot explain, it was the best moment of my life,” Maloney said. “I spent the night celebrating with my teammates and I was just so proud.” The lions took out the Central Catholic Rams in a win that rewrote the record books. When Maloney isn’t winning state championships, he also is one of the sports editor for The Amplifier.

“I love being a part of staff because it helps me with my future career,” Maloney said. “I also do broadcasting with Parker Edwards for boys basketball games, and lacrosse in the spring.”

Maloney is signed to play college football at Southern Oregon University, where he hopes to pursue a career in sports journalism.

All content by Connor Maloney
After running one last play as a team, all of the Lions’ offensive starters walked off the field together for the last time. West Linn’s offensive unit put up historic numbers all season en route to the Lions’ first state championship in school history.

An athlete’s senior season

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
June 12, 2017

Right as us seniors were getting ready to enter high school for the first time as freshman, everyone around our incoming class who had been through the whole high school experience before would always...

At 5:00 (Pacific Time) One college star will have his dreams come true and hear his named called as the first overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. With no real consistency among mock drafts, no one will really know who’s going to be picked until the commissioner walks up to the stage.

Who do you want your favorite team to take?

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
April 27, 2017

For the last 81 years, the NFL Draft has been a widely celebrated event in which some of the top players in the ranks of college football go through one last step in their “coming of age” process and...

Fate of the Furious was a box office breaker that reeled in millions from their first week of showings. For what many think will be the last installment of the franchise though, the movie was a bit of a bust.

Fate of the Furious is a Furious Flop

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
April 17, 2017

If you like movies with little to no plot, explosions, a confusing timeline, fast cars, and some corny phrases that a seven year old would think are “badass,” then this movie is for you. If you’re...

With these last couple of months being some of the most eventful months of military action in recent memory, the future for eighteen year olds like myself is in question more than ever. As the thought of war and being drafted rears it’s ugly head too often, it might be too late to fix what we knew couldn’t be undone.

[Photo] Bombs aren’t the answer

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
April 14, 2017

With these last couple of months being some of the most eventful months of military action in recent memory, the future for eighteen year olds like myself is in question more than ever. As the thought...

Celebrating after a pin with his father and head coach for his first ever state title, sophomore Sean Harman is overcome with emotion as he looks towards the crowd. Sean’s title came in the class 6A 152 pound weight class, and he is only the second Harman ever to win a wrestling state championship.

Sophomore Sean Harman wins first state title

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
February 28, 2017

When someone prepares for something their entire life, the feeling of achieving it is something that can’t be described. For sophomore Sean Harman, a state title in wrestling was that thing. Being...

Before one of their regular season games earlier this season, the men’s basketball team comes in to break from their pregame huddle before their matchup.  Following their latest win against Lake Oswego, the Lions move to 9-4 (5-0 three Rivers League) on the season and remain in control of the top spot in the Three Rivers League. The next game for the group will be on Thursday, January 26th against the Tigard Tigers at West Linn High School.

Men’s Basketball pulls away late from Lakers by a score of 72-61

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
January 24, 2017

Emotions were riding high at West Linn High School on Monday night. With this game being played early on a day that the players usually had practice,there was already a weird vibe to how pregame felt....

A State Title game victory, from the perspective of a player

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
December 6, 2016

If you have dreamed about something and worked for it for just about your whole life, the feeling of achieving it is surreal. For many of us on the team, bringing the first ever state title to the city...

Before their blowout win against Tualatin, the team takes the field after their walk through the student section. Following the dominant victory, West Linn moves to 4-0 on the season (2-0 Three Rivers League) and Tualatin falls to 1-3 (1-1 Three Rivers League).

Tim Tawa breaks record as Lions roar against Timberwolves

Connor Maloney, Sports Editor
September 27, 2016

Not everything in life is fair. For the Tualatin Timberwolves, nothing about this season so far has been fair. No team should lose their head coach only three weeks before the first game of the season,...

Dominant West Linn football team shuts down struggling Sherwood Bowmen.

Connor Maloney, Athletics Editor
September 21, 2016

Everyone remembers what happened last year. Aside from the 51-7 beat down in the playoffs, West Linn had not defeated Sherwood in a regular season game in both of head coach Chris Miller’s years coaching...

During game four of the series against the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers’ guard Damian Lillard is introduced before the game. Last night, the Blazers’ lost to the Warriors by a score of 132-125. They will play game five of the playoff series on Wednesday, May 11th.

Steph Curry too hot for young Portland Trail Blazers to handle

Connor Maloney, Staff Reporter
May 11, 2016

The Portland Trail Blazers have been defying all odds and proving their critics wrong all season. As a team that lost four of their five starters going into this season, no one expected much of them as...

During a jamboree against Wilson, Ryan Klose, senior dodges against a defender. Klose led all players with 6 goals scored for the Lions against Claremont. The Lions look to increase their winning streak with a victory over Clackamas on Wednesday night.

Ryan Klose, senior, leads West Linn to a dominant 20-9 victory over Claremont, B.C.

Connor Maloney, Staff Reporter
April 12, 2016

Over the weekend, the West Linn Lions (1-2) hosted a preseason exhibition matchup against the Claremont Spartans (Claremont, British Columbia). With Claremont being a top 5 team in all of Canada,...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Connor Maloney