Emily Martin

Emily Martin , Yearbook and Broadcast Editor-in-Chief

Sophisticated, yet fun-loving, Emily Martin, 12 is always looking ahead.

“This year I committed to the University of Montana for their Communications and Journalism program,” Martin said. She has been looking at this college since 9th grade.  “ I joined yearbook because I love photography and taking photos of people,” Martin said, "and I love putting peoples' stories in a book that they will keep forever."  Being Editor in Chief of the yearbook and the Broadcast team has given her the skills that she needs to excel in journalism at a young age. Besides taking photos Martin enjoys the outdoors and often takes her camera everywhere with her. "I'm most excited for the easy access to nature in Montana and the adventures I'm going to go on with new friends."

All content by Emily Martin
Checking the three bee boxes at Crest Farms, senior Andrea Swenson and juniors Sarah Martin and Tahnna Shaaban wait to inspect the hive. Crest Farms in Wilsonville offers a Beekeeping class for students to learn about bees and allowing them to work directly with nature.

Saving the Bees

Emily Martin, Green & Gold Yearbook Editor in Chief
April 25, 2018

Lifting the roof off of the hive, the Crest Beekeeping class lets the bees calm down before pulling out one of the sleeves to find the Queen. In search for the Queen bee, Swensen holds the hive...

Continuing the long held tradition of singing at the Grotto during their Christmas celebration, symphonic choir partners with the acapella group Fresh Pitch to put on a grand performance.

[Photo] Singing Traditions

Emily Martin, Yearbook Editor in Chief
December 20, 2017

On a shuttle field trip to Browns Ferry Park in Tualatin, the AP Environmental Science class learns about native plants. Jim Hartmann, AP Envi Sci teacher, hold up a plant the students are trying to identify. The class is in a plant and bird identification unit and takes to the outdoors to learn plant and bird names.

[Photo] Identifying the Outdoors

Emily Martin, Yearbook Editor in Chief
October 5, 2017

On a shuttle field trip to Browns Ferry Park in Tualatin, the AP Environmental Science class learns about native plants. Jim Hartmann, AP Envi Sci teacher, hold up a plant the students are trying to identify....

[Video] Shaking the Stigma

Emily Martin, Yearbook Editor in Chief
January 30, 2018

Statistics show that people who have their first drink or start smoking by the age of 14 are six times more likely to become addicted than those who wait until they’re 21. January 22-26 is National...

“Son of Saul” leaves audiences imprisoned with sympathy for Holocaust survivors.

Emily Martin, Staff Reporter
February 29, 2016

The new movie, “Son of Saul,” released on Dec. 18 of last year, took the world by storm, making over 3.3 million dollars the opening week. The Hungarian film won for best foreign film at the Academy...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Emily Martin