Katherine Stallard, WLHSnow Staff

An experienced and ready music writer is joining the WLHSNow team. Katherine Stallard is a senior who writes for two music magazines outside of school, “takes pride in knowing a lot about music.” Although Katherine is no stranger to WLHSnow after taking broadcast last year, she is taking on a new challenge by writing on this year’s journalism team.
“I like music so much, it's really fun for me. Sometimes I have to prioritize school, but it is really fun for me.” Katherine does say “it is hard sometimes and to write a lot of reviews,” but she is always up to pushing herself.
Her passion stems from growing up in a house full of music. “My house is never quiet. Even though I’m an only child, my house is always full of noise from either the radio, CDs, or playing through my speakers.” Despite not being paid for her contributions, Katherine said she does it because she loves the music and the idea that all music “means something.”
It is clear that writing isn't a chore for her and and that she does it for the fun, bringing an air of experience to the team, while still willing to learn. Earning herself title of Arts and Culture Editor, Katherine plans to push herself out of her comfort zone and write not only arts stories but whatever comes her way. Look out for work from Katherine on this year's WLHSNow site and our newspaper The Amplifier. “I think that there is a lot of work to be done here, and I can’t wait to help out,” Katherine said.

All content by Katherine Stallard
Four underutilized college resources that will help send you to school

Katherine Stallard, Arts and Culture Editor
June 3, 2018

As the 2017-2018 school year comes to an end, juniors alike may be considering their futures. College is but only one of the many options to consider, but even just the idea of going to college can be...

As kids continue to focus on Snapchat instead of class, this perpetuates the negative perception of Gen Zers.

The Snapchat Generation?

May 16, 2018

Every day as I sift through the throng of my teenage peers walking down the halls of the high school, it’s hard to miss the students peering at their phones or blankly texting while walking. While this...

The many posters for Love, Simon echo the book, “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, cover in color and tone.

‘Love, Simon’ proves gay representation matters

April 24, 2018

As hundreds of thousands of people flock to the movie theaters for yet another new film release, the name on the marquee is not the average ill-taste comedy flick or violent, fast-moving action adventure....

The Garden’s famous icon Joker makes an appearance on the cover of this album “Mirror Meet Your Charm”. The darkness of the image contrasts the yellow, bright background acting as a sort of symbol for their music’s contrasting sounds.

The Garden flourishes in aftermath of new album

April 17, 2018

Strong, loud, and emblazoned, The Garden’s new 12 song album is coming in hot with another smashing amount of fast-paced tunes. Small, underground band The Garden, finally released their well awaited...

This photo is an example of a identified ICE agent suiting up, likely for a bust. Unlike, the example in the story this man is clearly an ICE agent and is presenting himself as such. The agents refusal to identify themselves is part of the reason the ACLU of Oregon has decided to sue.

ACLU of Oregon sues ICE

April 10, 2018

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, also known by the popular acronym ICE, found itself under fire for targeting Oregon residents after a recent amount of problematic ICE encounters with Oregon...

[Video] What high schoolers are actually wearing

March 6, 2018

Inspired by a popular YouTube phenomena started by creator Lexie Lombard, "What High Schoolers are Wearing" videos are popping up all over the platform. Usually created by students of the schools, these...

The bold graphics tease the blockbuster film and the minimal color palette gives nothing away about the film’s plot, enticing people to watch.

‘Black Panther’ is on the climb

February 26, 2018

In a consistently whitewashed Hollywood, people of color are often dramatically underrepresented. Roles that could be given to POCs are given to white actors. If POCs are in fact cast, the key roles are...

Photo courtesy of ‘The Greatest Showman’ official motion picture soundtrack. 

The poster for the “The Greatest Showman” mirrors the look and feel of the film with Barnum (Jackman) standing front and center under the spotlight, mimicking the public eye on Barnum and his new and unusual exhibition.

“The Greatest Showman”: is it the greatest show on earth?

February 6, 2018

In a cynical day and age, filmmakers and film critics wonder about the legitimacy of modern day musicals in modern day Hollywood. “The Greatest Showman” is rapidly proving that theory wrong, as the...

Higher Level Course Bias: Is it an issue?

Katherine Stallard and Haven Lee
January 24, 2018

Gender biases have managed to integrate into many things in our society. There is even such thing as a ‘pink tax’, called so because of the color that adorns most girls packaging,...

Chase Atlantic’s album cover, much simpler and sleeker than the rest, echoes that of the smooth and fresh new album. The rose makes an occurring reappearance on their website and is likely to be a component of the tour.

Chasing across the atlantic

Katherine Stallard, WLHSnow Staff
November 29, 2017

Bold and dark Australian alternative band Chase Atlantic, after releasing a multitude of extended play records (EPs), has finally dropped a 14 track self-titled album and is touring the United States...

Grading papers before class, Mr. Ewbank in his B106 classroom, prepares for his day of teaching. As a geometry, trigonometry and advanced algebra teacher, he’s always in early to help his students and create his lesson plans.

Kenny Ewbank

Katherine Stallard, WLHSnow Staff
November 28, 2017

Kenny Ewbank is one of the newest editions to our math department, and recently moved from San Jose, Calif. As a graduate of Georgetown University for his undergraduate, and Stanford University for his...

New single art from Walk The Moon single ‘One Foot’, previews the style of the new album.

Walk The Moon is walking “One Foot” in front of the others with recent success of single drop

Katherine Stallard, WLHSnow Staff
November 2, 2017

Pop powerhouse, Walk The Moon, awoke from their two year musical slumber this last week with a powerful new single called “One Foot,” that sets a new tone for their upcoming album release. “What...

Aleks Brooks

Aleks Brooks

Katherine Stallard, Staff Reporter
September 18, 2017

I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to Aleks Paul Brooks, freshman, about his summer and how he feels about school starting.   Q: “Did you have the opportunity to go anywhere this...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Katherine Stallard