Emily Ebsen

Emily Ebsen, WLHSnow Staff

Freshman year can be intimidating time: being mixed in with students who are legal adults and about twice your size, having six class periods with a minimum hour of homework every night, busy hallways packed with 1,600 students and trying to balance social life and sports. This sounds like a nightmare for any incoming class, but Emily Ebsen, freshman,wasn’t worried.

“I thought I was going to be lost around the school, but I ended up being fine,” Ebsen said. “I found my way to all my classes.”

Ebsen feels confident taking on her first academic year of high school and first year of high school sports. She plans to try out for the girls lacrosse team this spring.

“I’ve been playing since sixth grade. My brother got me into lacrosse.”

Ebsen finds lots to ways to stay active with her family. When she’s not at school or practicing lacrosse with her brother, she spends time outside with her mom and sister.

“I go running every weekend with my mom and twin sister.”

Active, focused and confident Ebsen is well prepared for freshman year.

All content by Emily Ebsen

Looking back into the past

Emily Ebsen, Office Manager
December 10, 2017

When Thanksgiving comes around it is a perfect time to reconnect with family members, I interviewed my grandfather about growing up in Denmark while World War 2 was happening.   If you want...

The poster frequently found in classroom windows promotes creating a free space for students to be themselves,

Creating a safe space

Emily Ebsen and Matilda Milner
December 8, 2017

Twenty percent of American high school students have been bullied, according to the U.S. Department  of Health and Human Services. The same statistic says that 71 percent of young people have seen...

Local coffee shop stirs the pot

Local coffee shop stirs the pot

Emily Ebsen, WLHSnow Staff
November 4, 2017

When you walk into the local Willamette Coffee House, you feel invited. This coffee house has grown very popular over the course of the school year, the Willamette coffee house is a friendly environment...

Ms. Eseppi

Ms. Eseppi

Emily Ebsen, WLHSnow Staff
November 3, 2017

Q: What are your hobbies? A: “I am a big tap dancer, I have been tap dancing ever since I was in fourth grade. I am part of  a performance group, we perform at nursing homes and occasionally...

Nikki Maly

Nikki Maly

Emily Ebsen, Staff Reporter
September 18, 2017

Q: What did you do over the summer? A: “I did some college tours, I toured Colorado State, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs and, UC Denver. I liked Colorado State the best.”   Q:...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Emily Ebsen