What to expect from the rest of Homecoming

Three days down, two to go. With the first part of Homecoming Week done, the final couple of days will be filled with new themes, activities and entertainment.

“Homecoming gives us a chance to bring our school spirit together and support our football team while having fun and representing West Linn,” Briana Barzola, ASB junior officer, said.

Tomorrow’s theme for dressing is back from last year. Indeed, it is sloppy day, where students can wear their sloppiest clothes and be proud of it. On Friday, it is Spirit day. Everyone is encouraged to wear West Linn themed clothes. Along with Spirit Day, the Homecoming football game will be played that night against Grant.

Also on Friday, the ASB will host the annual Homecoming Tailgater, starting at 5:30 on the baseball field. If there is rain, the event will be moved to the commons. At the tailgater, there will be a barbecue and a raffle. Along with this, there will be interactive X-Box games that students can play.

During half time of the football game, the Homecoming Court is presented. Representing the freshmen are Eddy Liam and Courteney Landis; sophomores Jacob Arrigotti and Mackenzie Baker; juniors Zach Nelson and Gracie Vial. The Homecoming King and Queen will also be decided at halftime. The potential senior kings are Elijah Eaton, Ryan Harman and Tony Glausi. As for senior girls the potential queens are Tori Guerchon, Rachel Nelke and Jenna Tatiyatrairong.

To conclude the week, the Homecoming dance, serenaded by top hit list music, will be held in the Auxiliary Gym from 8-11pm on Saturday night. Pre-purchased tickets are sold during lunch for the price of $5 with an ASB sticker and $7.  At the door, the tickets are sold for $8. For  a couple dollars extra, students can buy a $13 dollar package that contains a spirit shirt and a ticket.