Kiss Me Kate debuts at West Linn High School

Romance and drama are in store for the production of “Kiss Me Kate”, which began its run on Thursday, Nov. 8, and ends on Saturday, Nov. 17.

A conflict between two ex-spouses, played by Keeley Anderson, junior, and Dane Shroy, freshman, acting in a production of Shakespeare’s “Taming of the Shrew”  might ruin the production.

“It has been a real learning experience,” Evan Shealy. freshman, said. “I really enjoy working on the play.”
Bill Calhoun, played by Shealy, is the show’s gambler, and he ruins the play by putting his director’s name down for a bet against the success of the production.
Dancers and an ensemble cast are also important parts in the musical. “We sing, and we dance,” Taylor Bosson, freshman,  said.

Another member of the cast, Jadyn LaRiviere, freshman, added, “School plays are my favorite and I was super excited to start acting in the high school plays.” She describes the cast and Jessica Murray, drama teacher, as “phenomenal and so nice. The cast is really fun, cool and is like family.”

Tickets are available now online and in the box office, $8 for students and $10 for adults. Shows are at 7 p.m. in the auditorium on Nov. 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17.