WLHSnow

Making great strides to beat cancer in purple

People join fundraiser to wage hope against pancreatic cancer.

Ready, set, go! The 5k run/walk began at 9:30 a.m. Participants took off together across Portland. “It is important for people to attend these events because there are a lot of hardships in life and cancer can be a huge cause,” Alden Woodrum, junior, said, “And you should do whatever you can to help people through these hardships and minimize their effects.” Students, doctors, friends, family, cancer patients and more are trying to raise awareness by attending PurpleStride.

Big purple balloons announce the start of PurpleStride, a fundraiser for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCan). The event began at 9:00 a.m. Hundreds attended the event, making this the biggest turnout in its nine year history since the first in Chicago in 2008. PurpleStride began at the World Trade Center in Portland with Voodoo Donuts and a ridiculous photo booth kicking it off.

• Making great strides to beat cancer in purple

Current Events

Kate Brown, Knute Buehler to face off in Governor race

Current Events

Iowa Governor Signs Most Restrictive Abortion Ban in the Country at “Fetal Heartbeat”

Current Events

May Day takes to the skies

Current Events

Never again

• Current Events

Will the walkout work out?

Arts and Culture

A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Current Events

Marching for our lives

Athletics

The Breakdown – April 2018

Current Events

Students participate in nation wide walkout, protest at state capitol

Current Events

The Breakdown – March 2018