WLHSnow

Making great strides to beat cancer in purple

People join fundraiser to wage hope against pancreatic cancer.

Ready, set, go! The 5k run/walk began at 9:30 a.m. Participants took off together across Portland. “It is important for people to attend these events because there are a lot of hardships in life and cancer can be a huge cause,” Alden Woodrum, junior, said, “And you should do whatever you can to help people through these hardships and minimize their effects.” Students, doctors, friends, family, cancer patients and more are trying to raise awareness by attending PurpleStride.

Big purple balloons announce the start of PurpleStride, a fundraiser for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCan). The event began at 9:00 a.m. Hundreds attended the event, making this the biggest turnout in its nine year history since the first in Chicago in 2008. PurpleStride began at the World Trade Center in Portland with Voodoo Donuts and a ridiculous photo booth kicking it off.

Sarah Heiden, WLHSnow Editor

All it took was one movie for Sarah Heiden, senior, to fall head over heels in love with journalism. That movie was “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”...

• Making great strides to beat cancer in purple

Arts and Culture

Shining a light on student musicians

• Current Events

Journalist students explore U of O

Athletics

NFL players kneeling ignites controversy in US

• Athletics

Football injuries and prevention

Current Events

Democrats win House of Representatives

Current Events

Democrats win supermajorities

Current Events

GOP retains control of the Senate

Current Events

Democrats sweep Oregon races, win House, Republicans hold Senate

Current Events

2018 November Midterm Election Live Blog

Academics

CTE programs benefit from unexpected grant