WLHSnow

District names new principal

Image courtesy of Andrew Kilstrom.

Gregory Neuman will assume the position of principal for the next school year, replacing Kevin Mills.

In an email sent out to families on Monday, the district announced Neuman had accepted the job.

“[Neuman] has a passion for equity and furthering work in the area of restorative justice, and is eager to begin working in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District,” the email said.

The position opened in early July, after Mills announced he took a position at Lake Oswego Junior High School. The information was posted in several places including LinkedIn, TalentEd and the district website. Applicants from across the state and other parts of the country applied.

Candidates were evaluated and interviewed by a hiring committee of teachers, administrators and classified staff led by Aaron Downs, assistant superintendent of secondary schools. District-level administrators and Superintendent Kathy Ludwig conducted secondary interviews and consulted the human resources department before the position was officially offered.

Neuman spent the last four years as principal of Yamhill Carlton High School. Prior to that, he spent 16 years as a teacher, coach and assistant principal.

Neuman received a Bachelor of Science from Oregon State University, a teaching degree from Concordia University, a Masters in Education Administration from University of Phoenix, and his Continuing Administrative License from Portland State University.

Neuman visited West Linn High School and met with staff on Monday. That evening, he attended a school board meeting, where Downs introduced him in the beginning of the meeting.

“His love of CTE and for equitable and inclusive experiences for each child really came through,” Downs said.

Neuman had the opportunity to speak for himself afterward.

“I’m looking forward to working with all of you very closely,” Neuman said, “And as we prepare for our kids here in a couple weeks, it’s a little overwhelming to say the least, but I’m up for the challenge. I’m very happy to be here.”

Philip Chan, Co-Editor in Chief

Amateur magician and wannabe improv comedian Philip Chan has been writing for The Amplifier since his freshman year. Now co-editor in chief, Chan firmly...

• District names new principal

Current Events

Students share opinions on health curriculum walkout

• District names new principal

Current Events

Students hold walkout over health curriculum

• District names new principal

Current Events

‘We just felt like we needed a change’: protest organized for health curriculum

• District names new principal

Current Events

Students plan walkout over health curriculum

• District names new principal

Current Events

Forum held to address student concerns

• District names new principal

Current Events

Staff, students to hold forum addressing marginalization

• District names new principal

Basketball

The Breakdown – January 2019

• Current Events

What happens behind the curtains?

• District names new principal

Current Events

The mysteries of blocking a scene

• Athletics

5 ways to prevent sport injuries

District names new principal