Boys Golf graduates senior; sends member to state

The West Linn Lions Boys Golf team worked together to help each other learn how to be better golfers according to the only senior on the team, Charlie Moore. This paid off for the team at Districts when, CJ Sitton, junior, qualified  to go on to state contest held in Corvallis on May 13. He posted a 73 while Hayden Coppedge, junior, shot 78, Brett Bushnell, sophomore, 80, Moore 82 and Ryan Kelley, sophomore, 80.

“I did alright”, Sitton said. “I could have done a lot better.”

Moore joined the team his freshman year when encouraged by friends who were already on the team. He was also influenced by his dad who would take him out to the course to watch him play. A highlight event for Moore was his sophomore year at Districts when he shot a 75 the first day, and a 74 the next.

“I think the highlights all-in-all come together as a team. The things I remember are the times I had with my teammates off the golf course: the hotels, the team dinners and pre-tournament basketball games will always be the highlights to me,” Moore said.

The golf team will graduate only Moore this year which means most of the team will return next year.

“ Moore is going to be very hard to replace on the team,” Sitton said, “ but there will also be a great team next year with all the possible new team members.”