Lauren Sandberg

Lauren Sandberg , Journalism Staff

Purple, swollen and bruised was the state of Lauren Sandberg’s, sophomore, leg. Due to a fall in dance class, Sandburg sprained her ankle.

“I couldn’t fit into tennis shoes because it was swollen,” Sandberg said. Because of its bruise-like appearance, Sandberg kept dancing and waited 2 months before realizing she needed medical attention.

“The doctor thought it was a stress fracture because I kept dancing,” Sandberg said.

But because of this sprain, Sandberg discovered her desire to study sports medicine at Stanford university.

“I heard my parents talking about it and how good of a university it was,” Sandberg said.

Sandberg is working on starting up an organization to bring more dance opportunities to dancers in Canby.

All content by Lauren Sandberg
The bonds between the thespians is beneficial to them in all aspects of their lives. “Working and playing,” said Ares, “alongside like-minded actors, techs, and all-around performing arts lovers, feeds their creativity, encourages teamwork, and the support from their peers drives them to try new things.”

Shining behind the scenes

Lauren Sandberg
April 26, 2017

After months of hard work and rehearsals, audiences usually only see the onstage aspects of productions. What they don’t necessarily see however, is all the hard work that the technicians are doing backstage....

The robotics team qualified for worlds after competing in two district competitions and a district championship. “During a competition,” Benjamin Chan, junior, said. “Teams play twelve qualification matches, to raise their average ‘ranking score’, which is points cumulated from wins, losses, ties, and bonus points from special objectives. Between matches, a ‘pit crew’ works on fixing and maintaining the robot, checking for vital flaws, and running system checks to insure optimal performance. After regionals or district champs, the top teams qualify for the world’s competition, to which they must transfer their tools, robot, batteries, and other equipment.”

Building history

Lauren Sandberg
April 25, 2017

Building as fast as they can is how the robotics team starts off their season. After the limited amount of building time, the team then can’t touch their robot outside of strictly monitored time periods....

Falling short in casting, “Ghost in the Shell” disappoints. The cast is highly whitewashed and the acting was flat leaving the audience wanting more. It’s sad to see these kinds of casting issues happening again with the progress that had been made in the past years.

“Ghost in the Shell” falls flat

Lauren Sandberg, Staff Reporter
April 12, 2017

Memories are sometimes treated as what defines a person, however, how a person acts can define them. Throughout the movie “Ghost in the Shell”, based on the British-Japanese comic series by Masamune...

The real winner of the Oscar for best picture is Moonlight. This was announced after Beatty and Dunaway made the mistake of announcing La La Land for the winner of “Best Picture”.

Moonlight wins oscar for best picture

Lauren Sandberg, Staff Reporter
March 15, 2017

For the first time in 89 years, the Oscars announced the wrong movie as the winner of “Best Picture.”  Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty announced “La La Land” instead of “Moonlight” because...

Fighting to be treated as equals all while working on one of the biggest space travel advancements are big parts of the lives of Mary Jackson, Katherine Johnson, and Dorothy Vaughn. Hidden Figures shows the efforts of these women and how they made big advancements towards the end of segregation in not only their jobs but also in their community.

Academy award nominated “Hidden Figures”

Lauren Sandberg
March 13, 2017

At some point in everybody’s life they have to stand up for what they believe in. Whether it’s supporting their political views or fighting to be treated equally as the people they work with, standing...

Load More Stories
$50
$500

Lauren Sandberg