WLHSnow

Recognize Unified Spirit

Fall assembly celebrates standout performers

Royalty. At the Homecoming Assembly on October 20, Freshmen Payton Shelstad, and Gabe Lee get ready to walk into the gym as their names get called for homecoming court. “I had a blast to get to be a part of this,” Shelstad said. 

Student Line up. Students strut to the center of the gym to receive the national unified champion school banner. The national unified group is it is a leadership team that helps create acceptance, encouragement, and respect throughout the school for all students with and without disabilities. 

Banner Wave Gathering around the banner, the group of students proudly hold up their national unified champion school award. The students in the stands clap and cheer as they hold up the banner. 

Huddle. During the guy/girl dance, the football team performs their dance filling people with laughter and cheering from every corner of the gym. Student assembly gets football team pumped up for the homecoming game playing Lakeridge Friday night.

Dance it Up. Football team and Cheerleaders showing off their moves as they preform their dance for students and faculty. Students loved seeing this choreography that the girls and boys pulled off. 

Anna Strobbe, WLHSnow Staff

You wouldn’t guess that Anna Strobbe, freshman, hadn’t wanted to be in journalism, but she readily admitted it. Upon being asked why she’d signed...

Recognize Unified Spirit