WLHSnow

A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

“Upper West Side Story” directors Hannah Schwartz and Emma Kirby help actors with lines and blocking. Gwyn Seward, sophomore, who plays the role of Meredith, says a key to acting is to “Get in tune with your emotions, even if it is difficult, pull past experiences even if they are sad, or they make you angry, or really happy. But if you have those pulled up then you can apply them to different [acting] situations. Be in touch with who you are.”

Sarah Heiden

Sarah Heiden

TABLE TALK. Director Keaton Straub, senior, and actress Brett Mason, freshman, discuss character development including accent work. Straub is directing “The Library” for Shorts 19 with Maria Tinio, senior, both members of Honors Theater. “We’ve been working on developing accents, because that is a big part of our show - there are six different accents,” Tinio said. There are three more performances for Shorts 19: “Apres Opera & Marred Bliss,” which is directed by Brady McDevitt, senior, “Upper West Side Story,” which is directed by Hannah Schwartz, senior, and Emma Kirby, senior, and “The Mall,” which is directed by Kendall Gordon, senior. Gordon also wrote “The Library.”

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Breaking records

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

‘Love, Simon’ proves gay representation matters

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

The dark side of American politics

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

The Garden flourishes in aftermath of new album

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

‘A Quiet Place’ deserves praise

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Showing off

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Welcome to the New Jumanji

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Why ‘The Post’ easily influences viewers worldwide

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Dunkirk Movie Review

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Mars takes off

A look behind the scenes of shorts 19