WLHSnow

A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

“Upper West Side Story” directors Hannah Schwartz and Emma Kirby help actors with lines and blocking. Gwyn Seward, sophomore, who plays the role of Meredith, says a key to acting is to “Get in tune with your emotions, even if it is difficult, pull past experiences even if they are sad, or they make you angry, or really happy. But if you have those pulled up then you can apply them to different [acting] situations. Be in touch with who you are.”

Sarah Heiden

Sarah Heiden

TABLE TALK. Director Keaton Straub, senior, and actress Brett Mason, freshman, discuss character development including accent work. Straub is directing “The Library” for Shorts 19 with Maria Tinio, senior, both members of Honors Theater. “We’ve been working on developing accents, because that is a big part of our show - there are six different accents,” Tinio said. There are three more performances for Shorts 19: “Apres Opera & Marred Bliss,” which is directed by Brady McDevitt, senior, “Upper West Side Story,” which is directed by Hannah Schwartz, senior, and Emma Kirby, senior, and “The Mall,” which is directed by Kendall Gordon, senior. Gordon also wrote “The Library.”

Sarah Heiden, WLHSnow Editor

All it took was one movie for Sarah Heiden, senior, to fall head over heels in love with journalism. That movie was “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”...

• Arts and Culture

Making music

• Arts and Culture

Students decorate porches for homecoming week

• Arts and Culture

Alone on the streets

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Academics

Music Prodigy

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Missed the Emmys? We have you covered

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Academics

After high school

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

A new show is pushing the standards for a hauntingly relevant comedy

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

Auditions for the fall musical

• Arts and Culture

Post Malone music Review

• A look behind the scenes of shorts 19

Arts and Culture

“Deadpool 2” brings back classic humor from the original and then some

A look behind the scenes of shorts 19