Out’n’about treesort

Deep in southern Oregon, near Cave Junction, lies a beautiful wooded landscape in a town called Takilma. Tall trees sway in the breeze, and nestled among their strong branches are human sized tree houses connected by a network of swinging suspension bridges. The scene seems like it was pulled from the pages of a fairy tale, but it is no fantasy. The Out’n’About Treesort (not far from the Oregon Caves) is a real life hotel in the trees, complete with spiral staircases twining up the thick trunks and over a linear mile of zip lining rope in the woods.

The tree houses are cozy yet well-appointed, and seeing that most houses aren’t equipped with a shower, there is a communal bathroom. Even the tree houses high up in the trees (35+ feet in the air; not for the acrophobic) have a sink, toilet and refrigerator, but for those who are more attached to the ground, they have many options of houses just 10 or 12 feet above the ground on stilts. Summer rate tree house prices, per night, range from $120 for a two person perch to $280 for a spacious four person house. There is a charge of $20 per additional person per night.

A full breakfast is provided each morning in the main lodge. Free entertainment on the grounds includes running back and forth on the suspension bridges, enjoying the Tarzan swing, dancing around on the outdoor stage, and hiking in the surrounding woods.

Activities that cost money are zip lining, horseback riding, and many classes on how to build your own tree house and other subjects. Nearby attractions include the Oregon Caves and white-water rafting.

Since the Treesort is very popular in the summer, booking at least a few weeks ahead is recommended. For more information on the Treesort facility and pretty much anything else you want to know, check out their website; http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/home.html

Click here for directions from WLHS: http://goo.gl/maps/VavU

Estimated Gas Cost for round trip: $78

Source(s): http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/home.html