Davala’s “The Soulkind Awakening” 13 years in the making pays off.

Not only is Steve Davala a middle school science teacher, husband and a father of two, but he is also the author of the newly published book “The Soulkind Awakening.” Ever since he was a boy Davala, has loved to write. “I’d get my hand on a journal or notebook and start writing a comic or little short stories all of the time” Davala said.

Finalled

Being a huge fan of “Star Wars” and “Lord of the Rings” makes writing science fiction come naturally to Davala. After 13 years of writing, he self-published his book on April 21, 2013.

“Trying to be original in a world constantly creating new ideas was tough,” Davala said. “Even the smallest details had to be unique.”

“The Soulkind Awakening” is his first book in a projected three book series. It combines magic, mystery, good and evil all in one fast paced story that you can’t put down.

“After lying dormant for a thousand years, the Soulkind awaken. Many step forward to claim their magic, but childhood dreams quickly fade under the harsh reality of its return.” Davala said. “Who will wield the Soulkind and who must watch helplessly as magic lies forever out of reach? Who will their power corrupt? What unforeseen dangers will they bring?”

“Jace and his friends stumble through these questions as they try to find their way in a world where the Soulkind Awakening changes everything they know.” If you loved “Lord of the Rings” you will love “The Soulkind Awakening.” According to many amazon book reviewers.

Positive reviews on Amazon average a five star rating. “The Soulkind Awakening” is available on Amazon in paperback for $8.54 and a Kindle version is available for $1.99.