Skyline Farm provides a unique dining experience at Meriwhethers

Wafting through Meriwether’s homey restaurant interior are the sweet, too-good-to-be-true aromas of dozens of delectable meals. Located on Vaughn Street in Portland, Meriwether’s is a great place for family, fun and dining. With fires blazing and  jolly holiday music playing softly, Meriwether’s is the place to be for comfort. Not too cluttered, hot, or cold, Meriwether’s restaurant has a uniquely decorated interior with pictures displaying the history of the building in which it is located.Once seated at the table, the waitress was very considerate and professional. Friendly and kind, she gave recommendations on what to order. She went through all the specials and the items that had fresh fruit and vegetables. For example, the beet salad had been harvested  only hours before at Skyline Farm a few miles away.

I started to become agitated when our food still hadn’t arrived after 40 minutes of waiting. However, after one taste of the seasonal waffle I ordered, time stopped. Flavor exploded inside of my mouth, longing for more consumed my thoughts, and everything else around me became irrelevant.

With bananas, nuts, a sprinkle of coconut, and the best maple syrup I have ever tasted;  I was in heaven. The pure and fresh  syrup was truly a masterpiece.The waffle had just enough crunchiness to make it delectable; it was not soggy or too hard. The one thing that made this waffle unique is that the fruits on it were completely fresh.

When it came time to pay the bill, I found that the pricing was very reasonable for the fresh vegetables and delectable food served at Meriwether’s. Most of the dishes were between $12 and $15 and the drinks were a couple of dollars each. With vegetarian options available and farm fresh food, I found the menu at Meriwethers to be extensive and diverse.  My dining experience was a great one and I would encourage people who have not yet gone to check it out. Overall, I rate Meriwether’s Restaurant a solid B+ for the delicious food, great service and beautiful decor.